The European Union has two crucial issues on the agenda at its two-day summit underway in Brussels (Thursday-Friday), with migration and the Greek financial crisis still unresolved. Greece is perhaps the most pressing issue for the Europeans, as a June 30 deadline looms for Athens to pay its creditors or face a possible exit from the eurozone.
Thursday, 25 June 2015
Monday, 22 June 2015
UN report on 2014 Gaza conflict finds evidence of possible war crimes by both Israel and Palestinian groups
UN, 22 June 2015 – A new report released by a United Nations investigative panel on the possible commission of war crimes in Gaza during the 2014 conflict between Israel and Palestinian armed groups in the enclave, has gathered substantial information finding the allegations to be credible, the Organization’s human rights office announced today.
Friday, 19 June 2015
Monday, 15 June 2015
Saturday, 13 June 2015
Thursday, 11 June 2015
IMF breaks off negotiations with Greece over debt deal. Bundesbank president warns over rising insolvency risk
Tuesday, 9 June 2015
Saturday, 6 June 2015
Wednesday, 3 June 2015
Monday, 1 June 2015
UN, 1 June 2015 – Serious human rights violations and abuses persist in eastern Ukraine, including shelling, executions, arbitrary and illegal detentions, torture, ill-treatment, human trafficking and the lack of justice and accountability, as well as deprivation of economic and social rights, deeply affecting the 5 million people living in the conflict-affected areas, a new United Nations report said today.
- ► 2016 (287)
- EU Leaders Scramble to Resolve Greek Debt Crisis
- UN report on 2014 Gaza conflict finds evidence of ...
- Greece told to accept debt deal or 'head towards d...
- UN calls for better protection of migrants' rights...
- Kurds battle IS on Syria border as Turkey blocks r...
- IMF breaks off negotiations with Greece over debt ...
- Ukraine: UN reports uptick in internal displacemen...
- Germany sold arms to Saudi Arabia to secure its vo...
- Fighting Surges in Ukraine After Kiev Says Rebels ...
- ‘Persistent and grave’ human rights violations in ...
- ▼ June (10)
- ► 2014 (246)
- ► 2013 (231)